Personal Data Defined
Definition: Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you:
- use our Website or our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- Identifying Information Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Customer Preference Information Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to your Wish List, creating collections, and following other collections and sellers).
- Compliance Information Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Interaction Information We collect information about your interaction with our Website and Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location Information Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Traffic, Statistics Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
How we collect personal information
- Subscribing and Signing up When you sign up for or use our services, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data or photos.
- Browsing the website We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through other people when you use services associated with the Website.
- Membership Sign up We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Website, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- Online Purchases If you buy something on our Website, we collect payment information, contact information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else on our Website, we collect their delivery details and contact information.
- Facebook, Google Account links If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third party services to us, we also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you. The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
- Advertisers and Partners We also get information about you and your activity outside our Website from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads on our Website, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser’s site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third party service, which we might use to help show you ads. Learn more about the types of information advertisers or other third parties share with us.
- Log data When you use our Website, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate Slasify.com features (like the “Save” button—more details below), searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Slasify.com, cookie data and device data. If you’d like, you can get more details on the types of information we collect in our logs.
- Device information In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using our website on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
When We disclose your Personal Information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients
- Our Company Group
- Companies that are in the Company group.
- Authorise items and Services Authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in.
- Subcontractors and Service Providers Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers; technical and customer support services; recruitment agencies; security and fraud prevention services; payment processing services; identification verification services; and operational tooling services.
- Professional Advisers Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.).
- Government Authorities Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations.
- Prospective buyers of our Company A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase.
- DMCA and IP Holders A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; DMCA take down notices or Counter DMCA notices.
How we use personal information
we have a legitimate interest in using your information in the following ways to improve Slasify.com, maintain our relationship with you and protect users. We will use your personal information:
- Operating the Site
- Operating the Website.
- Providing you with Service Providing you with services described on the Website.
- Identification Verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Website.
- Support tickets Responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes.
- Updates Updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates.
- Data Analysis Carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide.
- Monitoring Monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites.
- Provide Better service Managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey; by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on our Website, we can understand which version is better.
- Compliance and public safety Managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters). We may Work with law enforcement and keep Slasify.com safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts.
- Training Training our staff about how to best serve our user community.
- Improving product and service Improving our products and services.
- General Administration Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- E-commerce To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
Transferring your information
www.slasify.com is a worldwide service. By using www.slasify.com, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
Choices you have about your info
- Access to information Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Correction of information or deletion. Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us
- Objections regarding information Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when another user comments on one of your Pins. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Transfer of your personal data Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to regulator Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
- Change edit order history Choose whether your purchases on Slasify.com will be used to customize recommendations and ads for you. You can view and manage your purchase history by going to “Order history” in your settings and if you hide a purchase from your history, we won’t use it to customize Pinterest for you.
- Opt Out process Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- Close your account Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and delete your account.
How we keep your personal Information Secure
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls
How long we keep your information
When we need to update this policy
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
How you can access your personal information
The best way to get in touch is through the Help Center. You can contact us at support email. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer.
Effective date: 25/5/2018.