Terms of Service
Welcome to Slasify (the “Site”).
The Site is operated by SLASIFY PTE. LTD., a company registered in the Republic of Singapore under company registration no. 201616087Z with a registered office at 101 Cecil Street #11-04 Singapore 069533 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
All references to the Site mean both the web and mobile application versions of the website presently located at the following URL: slasify.com.
All references to “using the Site” includes access to and/or use of the Site and our services and functions offered via this Site, including placing orders for purchase of our products.
The terms “you”, “customer(s)” and “your” used below refer to all individuals and/or entities using the Site for any reason.
Set out below are our terms and conditions for your:
i) use of the Site; and
ii) purchase of our products via the Site
(collectively, the “Terms of Service”).
Please read the Terms of Service carefully before using the Site. BY USING THE SITE, YOU SIGNIFY THAT YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right to update or modify the Terms of Service at any time without prior notice. You are deemed to be aware of and bound by any changes to the Terms of Service upon their publication on the Site. Your access or use of the Site or placing an order following any such changes constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms of Service as amended.
1. Legal Capacity
Use of the Site is limited to persons who are 18 years or older and who have the legal capacity to enter into and form contracts.
By placing an order for our products via the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years or older and you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
If you are below 18 years old, you must obtain consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), their acceptance of the Terms of Service and their agreement to take responsibility for: (i) your actions; (ii) any charges associated with your use of the Site, including your purchase of our products; and (iii) your acceptance and compliance with the Terms of Service. If you do not have consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), you must stop using the Site immediately.
2. Compliance with our Operating Rules, Notices, & Guidelines
You agree to comply with any and all of our guidelines, operating rules and policies, notices and instructions pertaining to your using the Site, as well as any amendments to the same that may be issued by us from time to time. We reserve the right to revise any of the foregoing at any time and you are deemed to be aware of and bound by such changes upon their publication on the Site.
3. Lawful Use In Good Faith
You agree to access and/or use the Site only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner at all times and to conduct any activity relating to using the Site in good faith. Further, you shall ensure that, to the best of your knowledge, any information or data you submit to us or which you post or cause to appear on the Site is true and accurate.
4. Customer Accounts
5. Responsibility For Your Account Registration Information and Password
ou acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account registration information and password and for maintaining the security of your account. You agree that you will not let anyone other than you use your account registration information or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account registration information or password by contacting us at [insert contact information]. We may at any time in our discretion, request that you update your account registration information and password or forthwith invalidate your account registration information and password without giving any reason or prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any losses suffered by or caused by you or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of such request or invalidation.
6. Your submissions and information
You agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use any and all information that you post on the Site and/or provide to us via other channels of communication, including but not limited to feedback, answers to questions, product reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, “Submissions”). When you post Submissions on the Site, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit or your account username in connection with such Submission. You agree not to submit to us a false name or e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may at any time in our discretion, publish, remove or edit your Submissions.
7. Terms and conditions of sale
The sale and purchase of our products are subject to the terms and conditions as set out below.
7.1 Product Descriptions and Listed Prices
While we endeavour to provide an accurate description of our products, we do not warrant that such description is accurate, current or free from error. All listed prices are subject to taxes, unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to amend the listed prices at any time without giving any reason or prior notice.
7.2 Orders are irrevocable and unconditional Offers to Purchase
All orders shall be deemed to be irrevocable and unconditional offers to purchase the relevant product upon the order’s transmission to us through the Site. Nevertheless, in certain circumstances as stated in Clause [7.9 – Order Cancellation], you may request to cancel or amend your product order which we will, in our sole and absolute discretion, endeavour to give effect to on a commercially reasonable effort basis.
7.3 Orders subject to our Acceptance
All orders shall be subject to our acceptance in our sole discretion. We shall indicate our acceptance of your order by sending you a confirmatory email to your email address or a confirmatory message to your customer account inbox. Each order accepted by us in this manner shall constitute a separate sale and purchase agreement between you and us. Once we have accepted your order, we shall be entitled (but not obliged) to process your order without your further consent and without any further reference or notice to you.
For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to decline to accept any order received from or through the Site in our sole and absolute discretion.
7.4 Termination by Seller in the event of pricing error
In the event that the price of a product which you have ordered was misstated on the Site and you have yet to take delivery of your order, we reserve the right to unilaterally terminate the sale and purchase agreement by notifying you of such termination, regardless of whether or not the product in question has been dispatched or is in transit or payment has been charged to you. Any money received from you in relation to this product purchase shall then be refunded to you.
You may pay for your order using any of the payment methods prescribed on the Site from time to time. When you place an order, actual payment will be only charged upon our acceptance of your order and formation of the sale and purchase agreement. The payment methods may be subject to additional terms as prescribed by us from time to time.
You are subject to the applicable user agreement of your payment method. You may not claim against us or any of our agents for any failure, disruption or error in connection with your chosen payment method. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any payment method without notice to you or giving any reason.
7.6 Use of Voucher
If you use a Voucher, the Voucher Terms & Conditions as set out at slaisfy.com/voucher_tos would apply.
7.7 Failure to pay
If you fail to make any payment pursuant to the terms and conditions of the payment method elected or payment is cancelled for any reason whatsoever, then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we shall be entitled to cancel the sale and purchase agreement or suspend delivery of your order until payment has been made in full.
7.8 Refund of Payment
All refunds shall be made either via the original payment mechanism and to the person who made the original payment or via bank transfer into your bank account, provided that your complete and accurate bank account details are provided to us.
We offer no guarantee of the timeliness of your refund. The processing of payment may take time and it is subject to the respective banks’ and/or payment providers’ internal processing timeline.
All costs associated with the refund process imposed by the processing bank and/or payment provider shall be borne by us unless we inform you otherwise.
All refunds are conditional upon our acceptance of a valid return of your order.
We reserve the right to modify the mechanism of processing refunds at any time without notice.
7.9 Order Cancellation
At any time before we despatch your order to you, you may request to cancel the sale and purchase agreement by written notice to us at email@example.com. If we have already dispatched your order, no order cancellation is possible.
Without prejudice to any other right of termination herein, in the event that the product(s) in your order are unavailable for any reason, we may at any time stop the delivery of your order in transit, suspend further deliveries to you and/or unilaterally terminate the sale and purchase agreement with immediate effect by written notice to you.
7.10 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Notwithstanding any other provision herein, our maximum cumulative liability to you for all losses under, arising out of or relating to the sale of products via the Site, will not exceed the sums that you have paid to us via the Site.
Neither we nor any of our officers, employees, directors, agents, contractors and assigns, shall be liable to you for any losses whatsoever or howsoever caused (regardless of the form of action) arising directly or indirectly in connection with: (i) amounts due from other users of the Site in connection with the purchase of any product; (ii) the sale of the products to you, or its use or resale by you; and (iii) any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, misuse, negligence, accident, abnormal storage and or working conditions, alteration or modification of the product(s) or your failure to comply with our instructions on the use of the product(s) (whether oral or written).
7.11 Force Majeur
We shall not be liable to you for any breach, hindrance or delay in the performance of your order attributable to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any natural disaster and unavoidable incident, actions of third parties (including without limitation hackers, suppliers, governments, quasi-governmental, supra-national or local authorities), insurrection, riot, civil commotion, war, hostilities, warlike operations, national emergencies, terrorism, piracy, arrests, restraints or detainments of any competent authority, strikes or combinations or lock-out of workmen, epidemic, fire, explosion, storm, flood, drought, weather conditions, earthquake, natural disaster, accident, mechanical breakdown, third party software, failure or problems with public utility supplies (including electrical, telecoms or Internet failure), shortage of or inability to obtain supplies, materials, equipment or transportation, regardless of whether the circumstances in question could have been foreseen.
8. Availability and Changes to the Site
We reserve the right to make any changes to the Site or to discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site without notice. We may, from time to time and without giving any reason or prior notice, upgrade, modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part thereof, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades, and shall not be liable to you if any such upgrade, modification, suspension or removal prevents you from using the Site or any part thereof.
9. No Representations or Warranties
The Site and all services, functions and information available via the Site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. All data and/or information made available via the Site are provided for informational purposes only. We shall not be liable to you for any losses whatsoever or howsoever caused (regardless of the form of action) arising directly or indirectly in connection with any access, use and/or inability to use the Site.
We may in our discretion include hyperlinks to other third party websites or content on the Internet. Such linked third party websites or content are not under our control and we are not liable for any errors, omissions, delays, defamation, libel, slander, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, inaccuracy or any other objectionable material contained in such websites or contents, or arising from access of such websites or content. Any hyperlinks to other third party websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your access to or use of such third party websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
11. Intellectual Property
“Intellectual Property” means all copyright, patents, utility innovations, trademarks and service marks, geographical indications, domain names, layout design rights, registered designs, design rights, database rights, trade or business names, rights protecting trade secrets and confidential information, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, and all other similar or corresponding proprietary rights and all applications for the same, whether presently existing or created in the future, anywhere in the world, whether registered or not, and all benefits, privileges, rights to sue, recover damages and obtain relief or other remedies for any past, current or future infringement, misappropriation or violation of any of the foregoing rights.
The Intellectual Property in and to the Site and the materials thereon are owned, licensed to or controlled by us, our licensors, service providers, suppliers or merchants. We reserve the right to enforce its Intellectual Property to the fullest extent of the law. No part of the Site and the materials thereon may be reproduced, modified, transmitted, presented, distributed or republished without our express prior written consent or that of the relevant copyright owners.
12. Monitoring of Content
We reserve the right, but shall not be obliged to monitor, screen or otherwise control any activity, content or material on the Site and/or your use of the Site. Should we deem necessary to do so, we may in our discretion investigate any suspected violation of the Terms of Service and may take any rectification action we deem appropriate.
13. Breach of the Terms of Service
In the event that we in our discretion, consider that your access and/or use of the Site is in breach of the Terms of Service in any way, we reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary, including terminating without notice your use of the Site and, in the case of illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Site (including unauthorized access to secure password-protected portions thereof and/or customer accounts), commencing legal proceedings against you. Unauthorised use of the Site may also constitute an offence under the Computer Misuse and Cybersecurity Act (Chapter 50A) of Singapore. Where this is the case, we will report you to the relevant authorities.
14. Termination by us
In our sole and absolute discretion, we may with immediate effect upon giving you notice, terminate your use of the Site and/or disable your customer account. We may bar access to the Site or any part thereof for any reason whatsoever, including a breach of any of these Terms of Service or where we are of the view that you have acted inconsistently with any terms or conditions set out herein, or if in our opinion or the opinion of any regulatory authority, it is not suitable to allow your use of the Site to continue.
15. Cumulative rights and remedies
Unless otherwise provided, the provisions of these Terms of Service and our rights and remedies under these Terms of Service are cumulative and are without prejudice and in addition to any rights or remedies we may have in law or in equity, and no exercise by us of any one right or remedy under these Terms of Service, or at law or in equity, shall (save to the extent, if any, provided expressly in these Terms of Service or at law or in equity) operate so as to hinder or prevent our exercise of any other such right or remedy as at law or in equity.
16. No waiver
Our failure to enforce any Term(s) of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such term(s), and such failure shall not affect the right later to enforce the Terms of Service.
If at any time any provision of the Terms of Service shall be or shall become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service shall not be affected or impaired thereby, and shall continue in force as if such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision was severed from the Terms of Service.
18. Governing law
Use of the Site and the Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
19. Customer Service Queries
Should you require assistance from our customer service representatives, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data Defined
Definition: Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you:
- use our Website or our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- Identifying Information
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Customer Preference Information
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to your Wish List, creating collections, and following other collections and sellers).
- Compliance Information
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Interaction Information
- We collect information about your interaction with our Website and Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location Information
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Traffic, Statistics
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
How we collect personal information
- Subscribing and Signing up
- When you sign up for or use our services, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data or photos.
- Browsing the website
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through other people when you use services associated with the Website.
- Membership Sign up
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Website, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- Online Purchases
- If you buy something on our Website, we collect payment information, contact information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else on our Website, we collect their delivery details and contact information.
- Facebook, Google Account links
- If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third party services to us, we also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you. The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
- Advertisers and Partners
- We also get information about you and your activity outside our Website from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads on our Website, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser’s site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third party service, which we might use to help show you ads. Learn more about the types of information advertisers or other third parties share with us.
- Log data
- When you use our Website, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate Slasify.com features (like the “Save” button—more details below), searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Slasify.com, cookie data and device data. If you’d like, you can get more details on the types of information we collect in our logs.
- Device information
- In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using our website on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Cookie data
When We disclose your Personal Information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients
- Our Company Group
- Companies that are in the Company group.
- Authorise items and Services
- Authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in.
- Subcontractors and Service Providers
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers; technical and customer support services; recruitment agencies; security and fraud prevention services; payment processing services; identification verification services; and operational tooling services.
- Professional Advisers
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.).
- Government Authorities
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations.
- Prospective buyers of our Company
- A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase.
- DMCA and IP Holders
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; DMCA take down notices or Counter DMCA notices.
How we use personal information
we have a legitimate interest in using your information in the following ways to improve Slasify.com, maintain our relationship with you and protect users. We will use your personal information:
- Operating the Site
- Operating the Website.
- Providing you with Service
- Providing you with services described on the Website.
- Verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Website.
- Support tickets
- Responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes.
- Updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates.
- Data Analysis
- Carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide.
- Monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites.
- Provide Better service
- Managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey; by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on our Website, we can understand which version is better.
- Compliance and public safety
- Managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters). We may Work with law enforcement and keep Slasify.com safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts.
- Training our staff about how to best serve our user community.
- Improving product and service
- Improving our products and services.
- General Administration
- Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
Transferring your information
www.slasify.com is a worldwide service. By using www.slasify.com, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
Choices you have about your info
- Access to information
- Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Correction of information or deletion.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us
- Objections regarding information
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when another user comments on one of your Pins. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Transfer of your personal data
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to regulator
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
- Change edit order history
- Choose whether your purchases on Slasify.com will be used to customize recommendations and ads for you. You can view and manage your purchase history by going to “Order history” in your settings and if you hide a purchase from your history, we won’t use it to customize Pinterest for you.
- Opt Out process
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- Close your account
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and delete your account.
How we keep your personal Information Secure
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls
How long we keep your information
When we need to update this policy
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
How you can access your personal information
The best way to get in touch is through the Help Center. You can contact us at support email. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer.
Effective date: 25/5/2018.